WHEN to Eat to Help You Get Pregnant
Hey lovely, on your journey to fertility I know you hear a lot about what to eat, eat carbs, don’t eat carbs, eat lots of fat, fat makes you fat, watch your calories don’t count calories. It’s all so confusing but definitely important however we don’t hear a lot about WHEN TO EAT.
When you eat is just as important as what you eat. Timing your meals properly is going to help your food work with your body instead of against it. You are in charge of your fertility so let’s use your meals to push you towards fertility instead of working against.
5 MEAL TIMING TIPS
These tips will help you learn how to time your meals so you stay full longer and nourish your body properly, so you are constantly in the baby making zone.
1. Eat like a queen at breakfast, a king at lunch, and a pauper at dinner. Lunch should always be your biggest meal. The reason supper is called supper is that it is a supplementation meal and not meant to be huge.
2. Always eat within 30 minutes of walking to get your metabolism rocking. You burn 400 more calories per day when you start your day with a healthy breakfast and being at a healthy weight is so important when trying to conceive.
3. Stop eating about 7 pm and don’t eat again until 7-9 am the next morning. Depending on your bedtime and wake time you can play with those times however you want to try to get 12-14 hours of fasting overnight. During fasting your body is healing, resetting, repairing, and rejuvenating. This will allow your hormones to balance, your immune system to strengthen, your digestion to balancing out and your body ready to make a baby.
4. Try to make each meal 20 minutes or more. Allowing at least 20 minutes will allow you to enjoy your food and will send signals to your body that you are full and will keep you from overeating. You will also have more of a meal experience which the body so craves.
5. Try to go 4-5 hours between meals. Insulin and glucose resistance as well as high blood sugar are the main contributors to infertility and being unable to conceive giving a longer time between meals helps to heal your body of these conditions, so you can finally conceive.
Start implementing some of these tips into your day starting today. This will not only help you put your body into the optimal state for conception but will also have you feeling and looking your best!