Birth You Desire hosts workshops locally and nationally to enhance your daily life, protect your family, and support your body in pregnancy and beyond. Sign up below.
Meet the Birth You Desire Doulas!
Meet the Birth You Desire Doulas.
Here is the perfect chance to hear about what a Doula can offer you in pregnancy, birth, and recovery. Join us as we explore our services and what you can expect by having a Birth You Desire Doula at your side. We will cover common pregnancy & labor strategies, props your facility has, props to pack, how to stay comfortable in the 3rd trimester, and much more.
Have your questions asked and meet your Doula today! All meeting times are on Eastern Time (US and Canada). This event starts promptly in order to have time for Q&A after the presentation.
Date & Time:
- January 10, 2021, from 3:00- 3:45 pm
- February 14, 2021, from 3:00- 3:45 pm
- March 14, 2021, from 3:00- 3:45 pm
- April 11, 2021, from 3:00- 3:45 pm
- May 9, 2021, from 3:00- 3:45 pm
- June 13, 2021, from 3:00- 3:45 pm
- July 11, 2021, from 3:00-3:45 pm
- September 12, 2021, from 3:00- 3:45 pm
- October 10, 2021, from 3:00-3:45 pm
- Novemeber 14, 2021, from 3:00-3:45 pm
- December 12, 2021, from 3:00-3:45 pm
Location: on a Zoom Video call
American Heart Association CPR course
The American Heart Association Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Training Course teaches the lifesaving skills that all parents and professionals need to know to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives.
- Adult Hands-Only CPR and AED
- Adult CPR With Breaths
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Adult
- Child CPR and AED
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Child
- Infant CPR
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Infant
Included in the course is the workbook which also covers home safety, baby safety, car seat safety, and basic first aid. The classroom is limited to 6 couples for individual assistance. The FEE is $40 for training only and you get to leave 1 hour early, $60 for full certification (includes 2 years certification), or $45 for professional skills check only.
Note: We can accommodate special requests and in-home private sessions. Contact us for pricing. Virtual classes are available.
- Saturday, March 20, 2021 (outside, socially distant) Full
- Saturday, April 10, 2021 (outside, socially distant) Full
- Saturday, May 15, 2021 (outside, socially distant) Full
- Saturday, June 19, 2021 (outside, socially distant) 4 spots left
- Saturday, July 10, 2021 (outside, socially distant) 6 spots left
- Saturday, October 16, 2021
- Saturday, December 11, 2021
Location: N Bethesda, Rockville MD
Time: 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Traditional Mexican Rebozo Workshop
Learn some amazing Hands-on Traditional Mexican Rebozo Techniques in our Hands-on workshop! Meet some new friends as you improve your skills.
The two-hour exciting workshop covers:
- History of the rebozo,
- Traditional uses of the rebozo,
- New and uncommon uses of the rebozo
- Correct alignment of the uterus during pregnancy and birth.
- Identify common misalignments in women
- identify who could benefit from the rebozo in order to re-align the mother and baby.
- Your instructor, Ursula, was trained by Naoli Vinaver and Sonija Parson.
Bring your rebozo, wear comfortable clothes, and be prepared to learn new skills. A limited number of rebozos will be available for purchase.
The Fee: $125 per person, pre-registration is required in order to have handouts available. Six CEUs are available at this event.
Note: We can accommodate special requests and in-home private sessions. Contact us for pricing.
Placenta Encapsulation Services
Placentophagy, or consumption of the placenta, has been reported for decades to help stop the baby blues and diminish postpartum fatigue. Some women have cooked the placenta in a stew, mixed it into a smoothie, or even taken it raw to tap into its powerful effects. For many who feel squeamish about this or want to reap the benefits of the placenta for more than just a day or two, there is another option: encapsulation. The powdered placenta has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries. In the postpartum period, placenta capsules can be used to:
- balance your hormones
- enhance your milk supply
- increase your energy
Placenta encapsulation involves cleaning, steaming, drying, grinding, and encapsulating the placenta in capsules. This provides all the benefits without unusual tastes or smells and preserves the placenta’s medicinal properties, ensuring many weeks of hormonal support. Some women save their placenta capsules for later in life, to ease the transition to menopause.
Choose either the placenta specialist’s workspace or for an additional fee the placenta can be processed in your home kitchen.
Choose your preparation method and extras: Gentle Traditional Chinese Medicine Preparation or the High Yield Raw foods Preparation. Extras include tinctures, placenta prints, and smoothie cubes.
Fees vary based on the options selected. $350 for placenta pickup, processing, and delivery. $25 additionally for each option: prints, tinctures, and smoothie cubes. To ask questions or book now click here.