Bengkung Belly Binding
What is Bengkung Belly Binding?
This practice is done using a long strip of cloth which is specially wrapped around the abdomen from the hips up to below the breast line. The Bengkung style of belly binding shown on this page is rooted in Malaysian culture, however various countries and cultures around the world have used their own form of belly binding for thousands of years to help support the healing process as well.
What are the benefits of Belly Binding?
- Helps to slim the abdomen, hips, and rib cage.
- Pulls the separated abdominal muscles (diastasis recti) back together.
- Encourages healing from pelvic separation.
- Pressure on the abdomen reduces water retention, fat, and air in the tissue and cells
- Decreases postpartum bleeding time by speeding up the process of getting rid of waste blood.
- Supports relaxed, stretched out, and sore muscles.
- Gets rid of the “empty” feeling after childbirth. It is not uncommon to often feel as though everything is floating around loose inside after childbirth. This gentle yet firm support aids the body in returning to its pre-pregnancy position.
- Helps to prevent and relieve lower back aches, often caused by slouching while nursing your baby.
- Supports the body’s spine and posture realignment after birth.
- It feels good! Belly-binding can help you feel more safe and secure, both physically and emotionally.
How long should I wear the binding?
What makes belly binding different from western binders?
Its length and the custom fit. A Bengkung Belly Bind is a long wrap that covers from under the breast-line all the way down to below the hips. This way, it doesn’t just work on the waist, but also helps the rib cage and shrink the hips go back to their former dimensions. It also stays put when you move, so it doesn’t press on the abdomen.
Girdles that only bind the abdomen also push down on the pelvic floor muscles and organs, which could potentially cause or worsen pelvic, uterine, or bladder prolapse if used in correctly. The custom fit cannot be found anywhere else, and this improves the results you will see.
The traditional belly bind is a custom fit for your body every time it is applied. It’s made of soft materials, which many people find more comfortable.
Can I still belly bind if I have a c-section?
How do I go to the bathroom while wearing the belly bind?
What is the fee?
The fee is $150 for one Belly binding wrap, 90-minutes of binding instruction in person, and a 45-minute follow-up via web conferencing.
As a female soldier in the military who then became a single mother, I was directed to Vee for her belly binding. She educated me on preventive care of how it pushes back my ligaments and muscles that were stretched while I carried my son for 9 months. She bound me and then taught me how to do it myself. Belly Binding was wonderful to close the gap so diastasis recti and flatten my tummy over time. I wore it for 40 days and it worked. I even slept in it. I still wear it monthly to help with period cramps and it helps. I’m glad Vee introduced me to this ancient but very helpful practice.
Let's start your birth Journey