10 Easy Ways to Avoid a Cesarean
10 easy ways to avoid cesarean and reduce your cesarean risk.
Here are our top 10 tips to stack the deck for an uneventful vaginal delivery.
- Prepare yourself, take a comprehensive hospital childbirth class, and learn your choices. Don’t take a standard class and get a standard education.
- Practice good body mechanics throughout your pregnancy. An aligned mother equals an aligned baby.
- Have a supportive and educated labor partner. Your partner is your anchor. No matter how wonderful your birth team is they cannot replace the love and security you have from your partner.
- Let the baby come when they are ready, and avoid unnecessary inductions and subsequent interventions.
- Build a tool kit of coping methods and practice them. Relaxation is the cornerstone of spontaneous birth.
- Labor at home as long as possible with provider permission when applicable.
- Avoid continuous monitoring when at your birthplace if possible. If continuous monitoring is necessary ask for wireless monitoring to facilitate coping skills.
- Use medications and interventions wisely. There are many tools for labor and they all have their place. However, once we use a tool as anything but as an assistant then it becomes an intervention.
- Labor upright and change positions frequently whenever possible. An active mother is an active baby.
- Hire a professional Doula to assist you in your birth.
This material is the intellectual property of Ursula Sabia Sukinik/Birth You Desire. Do not reproduce or distribute without written permission from owner. Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.