Remembering the Loss
Losing a baby is never easy. However, remembering the baby can be just as intense. It is not uncommon for families to struggle to find ways to honor the memory of their little one on their annual anniversary.
Here is a list of suggestions that appear to have worked well for other couples. I share them and encourage you to add in the comments your ways of sharing or respecting their memory:
- Visit the NICU and bring cookies for staff or books for a lending library
- Spend the day in the NICU or PICU reading books with the current residents
- Have a family picnic graveside
- Bake a cake or have a birthday party to help siblings remember
- Pull out the photo album and a box of tissues and spend time with those who were with you
- Sharing images of your angle on social media
- Give yourself the gift of self-care
- My personal favorite: do random acts of kindness to strangers in their memory.